I had a great convo with a friend of mine yesterday about the multitude of "life coaches" and "spiritual advisers" and "psychics" popping up everywhere. When life is overwhelming we seek answers, and there sure are plenty of people who want to give them to us!!.
Many people are more than willing to cash in on this latest trend to be the "Gurus" to the collectively confused masses. Advertising that they have "the answers"!
Why take advice from someone who cares not about the consequences of your decisions? But that's what we often do. Seeking out people whose drop and run opinions leave us more confused than we were in the first place.
In seeking, we need to honor ourselves by making careful choices about who we let into our tender spaces. Our Prana, life force is sacred. Discernment is all important.
When I was first going through my trials and challenges after much life upheavel and during my Spiritual awakening, I went to many people for knowledge and opinions about my ever changing circumstances. Some were helpful. Some didn't get it. And others sounded like they had all the answers and I would find myself hanging on to every word they told me. Only to realize weeks or months later that all or at least part of it was BS.
This happened not only with Spiritual situations but life in general. It seems that when we are vulnerable and seek answers there are plenty of people all too willing to tell you what you should do! And looking back, I judged who was qualified to be my teachers and mentors based on how much I liked them.
That is not always the best gauge when seeking a "coach" or "mentor".
I have many people in my life I "like" but just because I have a warm and fuzzy for them doesn't mean I should take their advice about my business, relationships or spiritual quest. But that is what we do. Looking back I took relationship advice from people who had terrible relationships. I took financial advice from people with no money. I took spiritual workshops from strangers without knowing their history. Why value someone's opinion before it has any value?
We like someone , so we trust them. But are they qualified to provide answers to our life questions? We often need to keep that in perspective more than we do.
Trusting your own intuition is the key to understanding wat life is offering you.
It took me a while to learn discernment. To be able to gauge who really had my best interests at heart and who didn't. And to learn who was capable of giving me good advice. And to honor myself by choosing wisely who I allowed into my personal spaces. It took some work but now I am pretty good at judging who my trusted advisers should be.
This is what I learned maybe it will help you on your journey:
1. You are the best friend you will ever have. No one cares more about your life than you do.Find a safe comfortable place to Seek your own counsel. All the answers you seek are inside your own heart and soul. When you give yourself quiet and stillness you will be surprised what awesome stuff you know. Trusting your own inner voice is the best place to find answers.
2. Meditation opens us to the wisdom in our soul. MEDITATE!
Don't pressure yourself just listen to your heart.
3. Your body NEVER lies to you. When you can't decide listen to your body. When you feel good and at ease around someone or feel anxious and uneasy therein lies your answer about their sincerity and whether you should be around them or a particular situation. Energy never lies, we feel it in our body.
4. Be wary of people who come on too strong. There is always a reason!
5. If something doesn't sound right to you , it isn't. Take a step back and observe until you have clarity.
6. Don't ignore flashes of intuition. When you get a "feeling" , it's real, go with it. Trust your instincts
7. Never rush into any decision. Sleep on it. Ask for divine guidance before sleep. Upon awakening you will have an answer.
8. When you are upset about something take a nap. You never wake up feeling the same way. Discernment is easier when you are not agitated.
9. If you feel unsure of someone, don't engage - observe. Let them show you who they really are.
10. Approach new friendships and relationships slowly. Anything lasting is worth the time to lay the foundation.
11. Listen to the way someone speaks to you. What is their intention? Praise and Criticism should be equally kind. Someone harsh and hurtful is not your friend.
12. Observe someones agenda. If it is not in alignment with yours.. step away from them. You will end up in opposition and conflict.
I am a work in progress so I am sure I still have more to learn on this subject but I am grateful to be stronger in my discernment now. The wisdom gained from my experiences has made a huge difference in my life and the way I honor it.
I am also very careful who I give and receive Reiki, IET and other healing modalities with. I honor my life energy field and am very careful who I let into it. You should never receive any Reiki or healing from someone who is sick or in emotional turmoil or that you are not comfortable with. As a healer I do not give Reiki to anyone I am uncomfortable with. I practice the same discernment when seeking spiritual counseling. Always ask someones qualifications before any counseling and see if you feel comfortable and safe with them. If you don't , do not pursue the connection.
I wish you peace and joy on your journey in this earth classroom.
Spiritual Healer, Energetic Medium
This Blog is the story of the miracles, challenges and lessons of my life journey. Years ago when I hit a personal "rock bottom" my despair led me to seek answers and my quest for truth began. Amazing events propelled me on a spiritual journey of transformation.. Miraculously, through these experiences my life has become my teacher and my friend.... I hope my words connect us and allow us to walk together for a time as teacher and friend to each other. The most valuable thing we have during this human experience is our connection to love. The love in our soul for a higher power and others is the only thing that is real. I honor these connections through my writing. Theses words are my gift inspired through the heart of Spirit for you. I hope by sharing my journey it will enlighten, inspire and ease yours as it does mine >> ... Peace... Georgia Rose