The journey of self discovery and awareness is a long hard road but its also beautiful and comical too. Meeting oneself and standing alone in all sorts of situations and circumstances certainly puts you in places you never dreamed of. Some of them great and some well...not so terrific, but commitment to observing it all, brings a very satisfying reward. This reward gives us confidence and stability and propels us forward, deeper and deeper on the journey of this thing called LIFE. The reward is wisdom from our Creator, and love for the process of this life. The process of our own unique path will twist and turn with irony and synchronicity, for what reason?
To teach us to love all things. Yes it's true- in the end each lesson comes down to that one thing: Love. Love is the only thing that is real in this vast universe. I hope these lessons I learned can help you out on your way...
Here are 15 things super important things I've learned so far about Loving Yourself or Others.
1. BE YOUR TRUE SELF: When we are frustrated with any situation or life in general, it's because we are not being authentic. When we act real and speak our truth, suddenly, no matter what the outcome is, we become peaceful and more accepting.
2. KEEP A HEALTHY "V": Geese fly in a "V" for stamina and strength, the lead goose is actually constantly rotated on long journeys, as each bird takes their turn supporting the "V" team and sharing the agenda of the flock. We all need a "V" team to fly higher! When someone says "I have no agenda" they are usually lying. People with no agenda don't feel the need to say so. ALWAYS surround yourself with a good "V" - that's people who support and align with your agenda and propel you forward. If the people around you do not sincerely support your best interests - reevaluate your "V"!
3. LOVE SHOULD BE BEAUTIFUL AND AUTHENTIC: Never do anything in a relationship that is going to make you resentful. Resentment is the poison that corrodes everything. It is love gone wrong... from truth to bullshit. Once we start to sacrifice ourselves to please another love ceases to expand us. We start to wear a mask and play games. Then, love diminishes and sometimes it even gets downright ugly! Love should be beautiful and it is- as long as it's truthful and authentic! Stay real and true to yourself.
4. MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY FIRST: People are attracted to happy people. People respect people who respect themselves. When we put pleasing others ahead of our own happiness - they treat us shabby and we start to feel taken advantage of. When we break rules 1,2, and 3 our lives becomes an exhausting mess and no one is happy.
5. CONNECT WITH NATURE: Get outdoors regularly to feel gratitude for the earth and sky, trees and ocean. This grounds us in beauty and lifts our vibration because we connect with creation. This divine elixir is supreme energy for our souls!
6. SIT WITH YOUR EMOTIONS BEFORE ACTING: When we want to "tell someone off" or be impulsive, its just because we want to throw our negative feelings on another to get rid of our own crappy feelings and make ourselves feel better. Instead, when we sit with our emotions and get to the heart of them, we learn whats going on much faster and things become clear. When I come down from my head and into my heart I am brave enough to feel my pain and deal with it. Soon compassion is flooding the soul instead of anger. Much healthier and far wiser.
7. DON'T EVER SETTLE: When we accept something that makes us feel less than our desired emotion or response, we chip away at our self worth. We deserve the best. We deserve the things that energize us and fill us with passion. We are here to feel this world to it's full capacity. God wants us to be blissful and radiant and filled with his Spirit. He wants us to live "full throttle' so don't let your passion or Him down!
8. HONOR YOUR BODY: We are created to love and be loved. We all desire this to the highest degree. Our physical body is our receiver and transmitter of love. When we take in things that alter it, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, excess of any kind we alter our ability to receive and transmit love because we are not at peak performance. Loving our bodies and keeping fit expands our ability to experience love fully. An unhealthy body image holds us back from loving and being loved. Do whatever it takes to stay healthy. We deserve the love that comes from honoring ourselves.
9. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ABSORB: Like #8 we need to honor our heart, mind and soul too. When we are aware of what media we absorb, we start to change it and us for the better. Music, Media, TV, Movies, Broadcast News, Books, Magazines and People all have a message that creates a certain energy that effects us. If we are trying to resolve family issues and watching reality TV where everyone is bickering or if we are trying to get over a loss and play sad songs constantly it is counter productive to our hearts agenda. This is self sabotage. Censor what you take in so it promotes the goal for your life agenda. When we censor the media around us to influence us in a positive way we really start to change! Staying positive and affirming in the messages we give ourselves is a key to happiness.
10. SEX is the MOST SACRED ENERGY EXCHANGE - See # 8 & 9 - be careful what you take in. When we make love with someone we are exchanging our most precious energy with them, allowing them to absorb our essence and taking in theirs in the most vulnerable way humans can experience. We are actually exchanging our DNA. Everything is energy in this universe and energy is negative or positive as our response to it is as well. For all of us, but especially empaths it's important to be discerning about who we have sex with. During sex we don't just exchange physical energy but we are exchanging the vibration of our soul and mind as well. Choose wisely!
11. OUR BODY NEVER LIES: Tune in to your body! Emotions are E-nergy in Motion. By observing the effect our emotions have on our body we have a huge source of information that tells us the truth about everything! Our bodies are a gauge of happiness, sadness, anxiety, caution, comfort - when we tune into our physical feelings and observe the subtleties of our body and ask where the sensations are coming from our "gut" will tell us all we need to know about every person, place, situation and circumstance. And it NEVER lies to us. That is called intuition...NEVER ignore it. It is our divine gift from our creator.
12. ANXIETY IS NOT REAL: Nothing is real but this exact moment in time. What happened a minute ago is gone and what is yet to happen is not real - it hasn't happened. So the only thing that is real is NOW, this moment. We only have anxiety when we are thinking of the past or the future. We never have anxiety when we are in the moment. So..stay in the moment and its impossible to have anxiety.
13. LISTEN TO WISE ONES: If someone has been where you are or has been where you are going...listen to them. They may save you a lot of heart ache and grief. They may tell you the best thing to do! We waste much time when we are young thinking we know everything. We DON'T!
14. ASSUME POSITIVE INTENT: This is a big one! We get cynical and suspicious and miss opportunities because we are afraid to trust. But when we open our hearts we often find people for the most part are genuine and kind and want to see us succeed. By assuming positive intent we open more doors.
15. MASTER BEING ALONE: When we can stand alone unafraid and truly feel OK. we have given ourselves the most valuable gift in life. It changes every relationship we have and allows us to experience love in a deeper, richer and more real way. We no longer grasp for attention, seek approval or fear being alone. Our relationships are not fear based, but are based in love and desire. Desire is the only thing that keeps love alive. Can you imagine how beautiful and fulfilling each connection would be if you had no fear of it? If you could love with no fear of rejection or of being alone, how amazing would that be? You would enjoy every connection knowing whatever the outcome, you would eventually be fine. And you would be able to devote 100% to loving without your energy divided by fear. Master being alone and you will truly love another without attachment to any outcome! That is FREEDOM.
Just some food for thought as...My journey continues.....
Peace and Love,
Spiritual Healer, Energetic Medium
This Blog is the story of the miracles, challenges and lessons of my life journey. Years ago when I hit a personal "rock bottom" my despair led me to seek answers and my quest for truth began. Amazing events propelled me on a spiritual journey of transformation.. Miraculously, through these experiences my life has become my teacher and my friend.... I hope my words connect us and allow us to walk together for a time as teacher and friend to each other. The most valuable thing we have during this human experience is our connection to love. The love in our soul for a higher power and others is the only thing that is real. I honor these connections through my writing. Theses words are my gift inspired through the heart of Spirit for you. I hope by sharing my journey it will enlighten, inspire and ease yours as it does mine >> ... Peace... Georgia Rose